It’s hard to go wrong with a rugged SUV that packs a diesel-powered (or gas powered—depending on your style) chiseled look while taking you to legendary off-road destinations—well, so long as your air springs work. Let one of your air bags form a leak, and suddenly, any smoothness or luxury you once felt in your Land Rover disappears almost immediately. Even worse, forget taking on the trails, as tapping a pothole on a local road crafts a rocky experience that seems to last an eternity (and not in a good way). So, get back to your smooth action on the off-road and paved streets alike by ordering your rear air suspension spring from AEROSUS today—no worries about installation, as we’ll also show you how to DIY this repair in less than an hour.
Get Your Tools Ready: Here’s What You’ll Need for the Job
Not only can you replace your air springs quickly and effortlessly in your Land Rover Discovery 2, but you’ll also get the job done with a few tools you’ll likely have laying around your garage, including:
- Socket wrench
- Philips flat-edge screwdriver
- AEROSUS Land Rover Discovery 2 Rear Air Spring
Once you have the above tools ready to go, it’s time to fix up your ride’s suspension to help you restore smooth rides on the trails and highways.
Changing Your Air Springs: Only Five Simple Steps
1. Raise Your Vehicle. Simple as it sounds—make sure you use the proper points on your jack to safely raise your vehicle. Also, remove your rear tire from the side you’re experiencing air suspension issues, as this will allow you to access your faulty air spring.
2. Release pressure from your air spring. For this step, you’ll want to begin by removing the hose from your air bag—this piece should easily slide out like a pushpin. Also, express cautio because you’ll hear the air rushing out of your air spring—and the blast can be strong.
3. Remove Your Air Spring. Before you yank out your suspension part, you’ll first want to remove the two clips connected to your air bag—you’ll notice the spring collapse on its own if you do this step correctly. Next, twist your air spring counter-clockwise roughly 90 degrees—when you turn your suspension part far enough, it will naturally pop out of place on its own.
4. Install your new AEROSUS air spring. From here, you’ll essentially perform the above steps in reverse—begin by inserting your new air bag in its proper bay—just line up the pins, push it in, and twist 90 degrees clockwise. Next, install your new spring clips in the correct areas, clean off your airline, and re-insert this hose into your air spring.
5. Reinstall your tire and lower your Land Rover Discovery 2. After safely lowering your SUV, turn on your vehicle and let it run for a few minutes to allow everything to calibrate. Also, check your wheels to make sure they’re still aligned properly after raising and lowering your vehicle. From here, it’s time to enjoy a smooth action-packed ride.
Ready to restore your epic rides in your Land Rover Discovery 2? After all, it’s hard to beat a rugged and adventure-driven ride that’s paired with luxury to pamper you along the way—but you’ll need a working air suspension system to get the job done—so order your rear air springs from AEROSUS today. Need to replace both rear air springs? Not an issue—purchase both as a pair, and we’ll even throw in a 10% discount to help you save big. This epic deal is also on top of our express shipping, which typically only takes 2-3 business days along with protections like a 2-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee helping ensure you have nothing to lose when you work with us at AEROSUS.