The main problem on our roads are the potholes and bumps. Frequent driving on such a road is hurts not only the condition of the car, but also the comfort of travelling. This is especially true for people suffering from vestibular disorders. The air suspension is often part of the basic set of expensive cars, however it can be installed individually after the purchase of the car.
What are the functions of the air suspension?
Air suspension — it is a kind of vehicle suspension. Its functions are to change the clearance of the car; and, if availablepusher bar, change of rigidity of the axle. Benefits of using air suspension:
- improved travelling comfort;
- improvement of off-road performance thanks to the change of clearance;
- relief of the load on the standard elements:
There are one-, two-and four-contour air suspension. The first one is installed on a single axle and allows you to regulate the rigidity of the rear axis. The second one can be installed on one or two axles. In the first case there is an independent adjustment of the wheels, the second case is similar to the single-contour. The four-contour is the most functional one, the system contains sensors and electronic control block.
Pneumatic suspension device
The design of the air suspension includes the following elements:
- compressor — air charging system;
- Air receiver; a device to adjust the clearance in a small range without the use of a compressor;
- air pipes, conductors connecting the system into one whole;
- pneumatic springs (air springs and airbags); rigid components and the basis of the entire suspension;
- Sensors; devices whose function is to track the position and tilt the body, acceleration and other parameters;
- electronic control unit of the system, the brain of the system, which processes information from the sensors and controls the suspension in the automatic mode.
The functionality of the entire system depends on the pneumatic strings. Its lifespan is designed for 6-7 million fluctuations, and it is approximately 6 years of intensive operation. You can extend the term if you have it serviced regularly.
Porsche Cayenne air suspension II (2010-2016)
The main characteristics of the luxury crossover air suspensionPorshe Cayenne is a high level of comfort and sportiveness. The shock absorbers struts have 3 air cameras each. This greatly increases the range of adjustments in terms of the degree of rigidity. In addition, the system reacts instantly to changes in the orientation of the body and reduces the roll-offs. Air suspension provides the maximum comfort of off-road travelling, allowing you to maintain a better adherence of the wheels with the road.
You can buy auto parts in our online Aerosus shop at the most affordable prices. Order online air-shock absorbers, air springs and other components or a complete set. We carry out a quick delivery to all U.S. cities. It is also possible to ship worldwide with UPS.