At first glance, Audi Allroad Quattro and Avant cars are almost identical. But there are a lot of differences between them:
- Appearance (new bumper, plastic body kit, roof railings);
- The height of the road clearance (in Allroad it is 25 mm higher);
- All-wheel drive for better offroad performance;
- Engine line
- Difference in interior design;
- The cost.
The only thing that has not changed is the trunk; it still has a volume of 565 litres. Thus, if you do not plan to drive off-road, the Avant version will be enough. If the route often runs on rough terrain, consider the Allroad Quattro C5 B4.
Specifics of Audi air suspension design
The Audi Allroad Quattro has a four-level air suspension. Rigid shock absorbers are installed in the front, and in the back - adaptable to the load PDC shock absorbers. Gas-filled springs with cross valves and a pneumatic battery allow you to control each axle.
You can adjust the height of the road clearance depending on the road surface. When driving at a high speed, it’s better to activate the low body position mode. This shifts the center of gravity downwards, providing stability when turning at high speed. Clearance reduction reduces frontal resistance, thus saving fuel.
Typial air suspension breakdowns
The C5 B4 suspension has a lot of problematic details:
- rapid wear of the air spring cuff, being damaged by stretching deformations;
- the cuff wears out due to the absence of a dust cover;
- with a large mileage the air tightness of the pneumatic elements is disrupted (sometimes it happens already after the first 20 thousand kilometers);
- damage to the pneumatic sleeve due to lack of protection (dust and sand gets between the sleeve and the piston).
Thus, innovative development requires overall control of the condition by the driver. Due to the rather complex design, breakdowns are possible. Aggressive manners of offroad driving at high speed increases the probability of suspension failure.
Audi air suspension and its parts are expensive products, so you need to be careful and at the first suspicion of failure should visit a service center and have the assembly repaired. Ignoring problems can affect not only the comfort of driving, but also decrease the car steerability, which is dangerous.
Purchase of high-quality parts for Audi Allroad Quattro air suspension
If you need high-quality auto parts, order them in our online store. Buying online is simple and convenient: you only need to add your favorite item to the cart and fill out the feedback form.
Residents of any region in the U.S. will be able to buy Aerosus products. Owners of cars from anywhere in the States can have high-quality auto parts at affordable prices. With delivery, you save yourself from overpaying for OEM parts.